Monday, April 03, 2006
working's life
Ermm, I have been working in Phoenix Garden 2 Restaurant for almost 2 months. Have been through lot of problems there with the manager. This is my ever 1st job in my life, but too bad I've met with a stingy manager. I really don't understand why she works so hard for the restaurant since this is not own by her. She save so much for the restaurant, doesn't want to increase our salary either. Since the 1st day I work, she said she will increase my salary when I am familiar with the menu. She pays me £4.50 per hour now, and standard rate in UK should be £5 per hour. I'm quite familiar with the menu now, and I can do all the orders by myself, over counter's order, phone's order as well as internet's order. What else she wants me to do? I'm very sure that I'm familiar with my job, but she doesn't seem like want to increase my salary. Now she won't help me anymore in taking order from customers, no matter how busy I am, she will just let me do all the orders by myself. She is not busy either, will just sit there and do nothing. If there is a phone call, she will just pass the phone to me without helping me to take the order. Come on, I was busy taking order from the customer who comes to the counter, why she can't help me when there is phone's order while I was busy. Sometimes after my working hour (and I'm still waiting for the supper or chatting around there), if there is a phone call, she will just pass the phone for me. I can't say anything except for take over the phone and answer the call. Then I ended up OT but didn't get pay for that. She will just use all the advantages on you without paying you any extra cent or increase your paid. If I reach there abit late, then she will nagging at me, how about when I work out of my working time? Actually I am quite punctual all the time, but her clock is 5 minutes earlier, so that's not my fault, isn't it?
Last time when I started to work at there, she will ask me what would I like for the supper, but now she won't ask me anything anymore, just give me either special fried rice or chicken fried noodle, that's all. I can't even order other type of fried rice or fried noodle. What's a manager is that, expect me to eat that everytime I work? Everyweek? Now I hate fried rice and noodle so much. She is really a crazy lady. Can't stand on her behaviour anymore. When customers give us tips (I didn't receive any tips before, but this happened to Juliet), we can't take that, all the tips is automatically belongs to hers. What rules is that? We serve the customers, we have the right to receive the tips that customers gave right? But this is not applicable in Pheonix Garden 2.! When the money in the tile is less then the actual amount, even just 20p, she also wants to deduct the money from our salary. Did she ever think of the tips she got from the customers we served is even much more then the money lost? I really can't believe that she actually deduct the 20p from XXX's paid just because she said 20p is gone from the tile (Not to mention who's salary is that). Who knows is that she counted wrongly or the 20p dropped somewhere when she was counting the money. If she said a few pound gone then that's acceptable, but come on, just 20p, really don't know what to say..!
I'm not sure whether I can take leave for the whole exam period, I've told her that I will take leave during exam period but she said I still have to go back to work if I have no exam on the days after, and she even asked me to give her my exam timetable when I've got it. Damn it, I wont give her for sure..! I don't want to let her know when is my exam date, in case she wants me to go back to work for her whenever I have no exam. She's really stupid, don't she knows that during exam period, student tends to get nervous and need more time to study, even 24 hours a day is not enough for me to revise. If she going to pay me with a higher paid then may be I will still consider. Yesterday I asked Juliet to work for me as it is my darlinn's birthday, she also said that: "next time if you can't work, you have to tell me earlier, I will arrange the waiter by myself, you can't just ask Juliet to come." Since you got so many waiters around why not just give me a leave during me exam period. You can simply arrange other people by yourself, don't you? Okie, if this is what she wants, I will do that next time. I will just ask Juliet not to go to work on the day I can't work, see how's she going to find replacement for me. It sounds that I'm bad but I really can't stand on her anymore, I promise myself I will just leave this job when I get my NI number (National Insurance). I don't want to see this stingy manager anymore.
She always complaint that she is busy, but she is too selfish to hire a few more full time waiters, just hire part time waiters and keep on complaining that part time waiters work very slow, bla bla bla. Of course she doesn't want to hire full time waiter as part time waiter get lower paid than full time. She can save alot from hiring part time waiters. Huh... Speechless..!
 
posted by Lay Ming at 10:39 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: