Sunday, May 28, 2006
Adventures.
Chat with one of my friends just now through MSN. When he hit this question: "Have you travelled around in UK?" I recall back where have I been to in this 9 months period...???

First destination was Sweden, went there during my winter break, together with darlinn, juliet, my sis and me. Went there for a 5 days 4 nights trip. This was my first time to travel all alone by myself (I mean we did all the planning and booking and travelling all by ourself, not following a tour). This was also my second custom stamp in my passport other than the one I had when I first came to UK. Most of the time, my sis was the guiding person, she did all the reseach and planned for our next destination every night. Thanks for that, sis.!

Second destination was Bath, in England. Went there with my sis, only 2 of us because darlinn was having his first semester exam and I had finished mine (I had only one paper to go at that time). Travelled around Bath by ourself too. We didn't do much preparation for this trip, just took all the information from Travel Information Centre when we reached there. We paid for the sight-seeing bus and use that as our transportation from one place to anothers.

Third destinations were Stonehenge, Avebury, Castle of Combe and Lacook (The Trust Village). Went there with my sis again during my sis' visit to Cardiff. We joined Mac and Mad tour (or something similar, I can't remember the name clearly). Apperently, we no nit to prepare anything before we travelled (I mean research for the interesting places). All the places we travelled here are actually countryside of Bath.

Forth destination was Birmingham. Travelled there with darlinn and stayed overnight in one of my friends' room. It was a nice trip as well, and the only thing make me wanted to go back to Birmingham again was the food. Yes, I mean food, the BBQ Buffet. I like that restaurant so much. It serves delicious food and the environment is nice too. Didn't do much research for this trip as well mainly because we have a friend who studying there, so he was our tourist guide.!

Fifth destination was Scotland. Went there with darlinn as well and stayed overnight in my sis' room. We went there during our Easter break. We took bus to London first and then from London to Galsgow. It was a long long journey. We travelled around Glasgow (where my sis is staying), Stirling and Edinburgh. We went for day trip in Stirling and Edinburgh. Day trip for Edinburgh is definately not enough. It has too many interesting places to go, so if you were to consider travelling to Edinburgh, make it at least 3 days or else you will regret. I've planned to go back to Edinburgh again when there is time.

Sixth destination was Paris. Took flight from Glasgow after our 4 nights stay in Glasgow. It was a 5 days 4 nights trip. Went there with my darlinn. We did quite alot of reseach before this trip and some of the informations were given by my sis (she went there during winter '04). Feel abit nervous and excited before this trip mainly because no any tourist guide for us anymore, we have to be the tourist guide and guide ourself throughout the whole journey. What's a good experience for me?

That's all my adventure trips during my stay in Cardiff in between this nine months. Is it alot or just a few? When I told my friend all the places I've visited, he was like: "OMG, what the Fu** is this, I thought you were only there for nine months?" I smiled. *speechless*

Can't wait for my next upcoming adventure trips to Berlin, Frankfurt, Pisa, Milan, Rome.! *my summer '06 trip*
 
posted by Lay Ming at 3:24 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At May 28, 2006 at 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Ming, at least all your trips is full of laughness and hapiness right? Not as mind, the irst few trip with the one who I'm not consider her as my friend anymore is full of shit!

     
  • At May 29, 2006 at 1:46 AM, Blogger Lay Ming

    Don't worry, from now onward we will make all our trip full of laughness together.! I am in the holiday mood right now, but my exam haven't over ...