Saturday, July 15, 2006
Fruit plus vegetables juice
I had a so-called 101 type of vegetables + fruits juice this evening. A juice which is blended from various kind of fruit and vege, include green apple, red apple, orange, lemon, pear, purple cabbage, broccoli, celery, bitter gourd, ginger, cucumber and carrot. It's a recipe taken from somewhere (books or magazines) by my brother. According to him, this nutritionists juice helps to clean the intestine, and also cure constipation in the same time. Meanwhile, it helps to clear our body toxic, burn and assist metabolism. So, he forced me to drink a lot of them to cure my constipation (I have a serious constipation nowadays).

The taste of this juice is abit weird. You can feel slightly hot due to the ginger's taste, bitter and *smelly* due to the celery and bitter gourd, a bit sweet from the fruits. That's all the taste I can tell from my tongue. I can't stand with the bitter taste so I added small amount of salt to neutralize the weird taste. ;P

Want to know more about the way of preparing this special delicious juice? Here you go:

Mix and blend the following fruits and vegetables:

Big celery, purple cabbage, broccoli, pineapple(rough skin), lettuce, pear(rough skin), carrot, green apple, tomato, cucumber, lemon, ginger.
** Indigestion people add papaya, if liver weak add bitter gourd **

For a better result, drink it early in the morning when your stomach is still empty.
 
posted by Lay Ming at 11:23 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments: