Saturday, October 21, 2006
Went shopping today with my coursemate, for the whole afternoon. Very tired now. Although shop for almost 5 hours but just bought a few things. I bought a hand-bag and a top both from River Island, and accessories from Claire. All these cost me 40 pounds ++. I wanted to buy more actually but couldn't find any that suite me. So save up my money. Haha.

Just received a phone call from Phoenic Garden Restaurant's manager, that siao cha bo, ask us (juliet and myself) to go back to work tomorrow. I'm still thinking of whether to go back there to work or just ignore her, coz she is still as "kedekut" as last time. I don't know this time she will pay us how much per hour, I'd asked her to raise our paid through the phone conversation...

Juliet 叫你起我们的工钱先
(she paid us only 4.50pounds per hours last semester, and we want to ask for at least 5pounds per hour)

我可以起你们的工钱的,可是你们要会做先,要会接电话,写地址,这样我就会起给你们了。
(we work in take-away counter, so must answer phone and internet order as well as over-the-counter order, so need to pick up the phone calls, take orders and write down customers' address)

我们都会做了吗,都做这样久了,应该起工钱了!
(we work there since Feb 2006, 4 months already)

不是做久不久的问题,是要你们会接电话,写地址,不然当我很忙的时候你们又要靠我,那我不是更忙?
(of coz we can answer the phone call and write down the address, come-on, we worked for 4 months already)

我们会接电话,会写地址嘛,只是不是很清楚 cardiff 的地图,所以不能跟顾客讲要多久才能送到。
(we don't know actually it will take how long from the phone order until the food is ready until the driver send it to their door)

这样你们要多做就会了咯。还有要学会看地图。
(coz she wants us to know where is those area in the map, so that we can roughly know how far is the area to our restaurant)

哇,你懂 cardiff 的地图几大吗?你要我们去背地图吗?我的书都来不及背了,还要背地图啊?
(she really thought we are too free to memorise the map)

At the end, she doesn't seem like wants to raise our paid, so I have nothing to say. Tomorrow night Juliet is going to work for her, and I will see how much she pays for Juliet tomorrow then only decide whether I want to continue to work or not.
 
posted by Lay Ming at 7:27 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At October 23, 2006 at 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Ming, broken chinese lar.. haahaa.. 100% Malaysian punya chinese.. Don't so 'tiao ge' anymore.. or else u hav no money to shopping anymore.. haahaa.. :p