Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Well, it is time for me to re-type the previous entry on Guy Fawkes Night in the UK, or it is more commonly known as Bonfire Night and Fireworks Night. It celebrates the failure of the Gunpowder Plot, in which a group of Catholic conspirators, led by one Robert Catesby, and including Guy Fawkes, attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament in Westminster on the evening of 5 November 1605, when the Protestant King James I (James VI of Scotland) was within its walls.

"Remember, remember the fifth of November,
The Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why the gunpowder treason
should ever be forgot."

That is one of the traditional and popular rhymes associated with the Guy Fawkes Night.

Every year on the 5th of November, the anniversary of Gunpowder Plot, Guy Fawkes is remembered. Throughout England, towns and villages light huge bonfires, let off magnificent fireworks, burn an effigy (a homemade model of a man, like a scarecrow) and celebrate the fact the Parliament and James I were not blown sky high by Guy Fawkes.

10 days before and after this Bonfire Night, we are allowed to lit up fire crackers and enjoy fireworks, and of course this will bring lot of noise to me, those fireworks noise. Quite annoying actually.

On the last Saturday, I went to Bute Park in Cardiff to watch the fireworks spectacular with darling. It was really amazing, enjoyed lot of super nice fireworks there, for the duration of half an hour. Cool.! The maximum duration of firework I've ever watch was 10 minutes? or maybe 15 minutes. Back in Malaysia of course. Ya, the last time I watched was during Merdeka Celebration outside Sungei Wang, with darling, ailing and her bf. That was just 5 minutes.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

That's is the perfect picture I could captured by that moment. The temperature was freezing, and my body was shivering, my hand was shaking, so that's why all the picture turned out to be bad. Instead of keep on trying, darling suggested that we enjoy the firework first and kept all the memory in our brain. But I'd take a few video shoot, it is alot better, but I don't know how to post up in my blog :p
 
posted by Lay Ming at 6:49 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: