Sunday, March 04, 2007
Last Thursday, I've finally received my long-awaiting home-made cookies from Malaysia. It is supposed to be CNY cookies but due to some reason, mom post it after CNY. Since here doesn't have any CNY celebration so I don't mind receiving it a bit late. The most important thing is all those cookies is made by my lovely mom. It is so delicious. Thanks mom. Of cause not forgetting to thanks my sister for the blouse she bought me as a CNY surprise gift.

*************************************************************

Last Monday (26th Feb) was a nightmare to me. Autumn exam result released.! I don't know about it until when liet mentioned about her result, then I simply clicked on to Blackboard to checked mine. I am sure you know what is the feeling of waiting for the result page to be loaded completely. Heart beat so fast like it going to jump out from the chest. 10 seconds waiting is like 10 minutes long, and here goes my result: 1 passed but 1 failed.! WTH, I failed the most easiest paper which I was so confidence on to it. I started to panic. Don't know what should I do, and thinking of how am I going to tell my parents about my results, and started to imagine how will they react when they know I failed in my exam. My brain fulled of question marks and scare and worry. I can't hardly concentrate on my law test preparation which is held the next morning. I keep on recalling what was the questions and how well did I do actually.

The next thing I do after my test the next day was rushed into student office to ask for re-mark. But the tutor said I have to trace back with my personal tutor or module leader. So I quickly email my personal tutor to make an appointment to meet up for discussion about my result. Met him the next day which is Wednesday after lectures and he told me that he had spoken to the module leader, and the module leader said the marks I got is a CLEAR FAIL. I can't do anything to it other than re-sit (I got 33% in the exam but if I got 35% or above then can use coursework mark as compensation). I felt like bursting into tears when I heard that. He then said Dr Heard (module leader) couldn't find my exam paper by that time and said I can email him to ask him at least what is the mistake I have done which contributes to the marks I've got.

I got the module leader's reply asking me to call in ASAP. When I met him after my lab session on Thursday, he apologized to me and said that they have made a mistake on my exam paper and I actually passed my exam. WHAT THE FUCK??? I've been worry for almost a week and then you tell me there was a mistake on my paper and I actually didn't fail that paper. I got 66% actually and he gave me only 33%, difference by half. I felt like killing him but at the same time I feel relieved. The main thing is how can the lecturer never double check the results before they handed in to the Exam Board Office. Arghhhhhh.....!!!

Anyway, I have exempted from re-sitting during August re-sit period which is a good news for now. Have to work harder for the spring exam as I will be having 5 exams by mid May, and there is only 2 more months left. Good Luck to everyone including myself.
 
posted by Lay Ming at 1:03 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At March 6, 2007 at 3:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    wah Lao eh..u can ask ur admin ppl to jump into the river la. this kind of mistake also they can commit. luckily u did ask for re-mark or else rugi u. Anyway congrats for passing ur autumn paper girl. dont be so stress la, Pharmacy is all so easy if u did hafal.... and forget (so as to create space for the next coming exam. Haha

     
  • At March 6, 2007 at 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    hahah, funny how irony life can turn out to be.
    glad that it turned out well at the end of the day, kudos 4da high pass!!

     
  • At March 8, 2007 at 12:46 AM, Blogger Lay Ming

    Laine I wish am final year student like you now, after few more months then everything going to end. Haihhh, I still got 2 more year to suffer, what a poor little girl over here :p

    Laine and Adelene, so have you guys plan where to go in Cardiff? Are you two going to stay in Cardiff for the 2 whole days or will visit to Bath? Can't wait to gather in Cardiff.