Monday, March 12, 2007
PADC stands for Presciption and Dispensing Counseling.

It is an exercise of doing a dispensing according to the prescription coming from doctor, dentist, optometrist, nurse, midwife, pharmacist. Basically as a pharmacist student, we need to check the legality of the prescription, clinical check (eg is the dose correct for the patient, is there any contra-indication between the two drugs, is the product legal to dispense etc), fill in all the extra sheets, such as POM Entry, Controlled Drug Register, Extemporaneous Dispensing Sheet. Life as a pharmacist student is never easy (but it is not that tedious when came to real life, as least computer will do most of the checking).

As usual, Cardiff University will torture you in whatever ways they like. For this test, they are killing us by asking us to finish 7 prescriptions in 2.5 hours (20 mins for each prescription), and there are so many things to check in a single prescription. The most unfair thing is, for other university, they are doing only 6 prescriptions in THREE HOURS. A prescription less than Cardiff Uni but with longer time duration. Really don't understand why are they setting such a short duration for us to finish so many prescriptions, as in we need to do that in real life as well. In real world, patient will just pop in to the pharmacist with a prescription and wait for the pharmacy to dispense their medication, some of them even drop by their prescription and collect it at the next day. So what's the point of hurrying within that 2.5 hours?

Today I was screwed up with the prescriptions given. I used about 45 mins to do the first question, and I started to get panic after that. The prescriptions were just way too tricky, I was confused most of the time. It wasn't that bad during the previous exercises and the mock test but when came to the test this morning, they came out with all hell lot of tricky questions to fail their students. I did lot of careless mistakes due to lack of time, for instant forgot to give child-resistance cap, forgot about the syringe, labeling mistake etc. Arghhh mood swing right after the exam, mood-less for the rest of the day.

Just few minute ago, my friend asked, have you checked on your PADC test mark? I was like; gosh why are they releasing the result so soon? I still want to enjoy my life. As expected, I failed, don't worry I am not that SAD at least for now, Cardiff Uni had trained me to get used to all the re-sit thingy. They failed most of the students in every test. For this PADC, only 32 students passed out of 110 students, not big deal for not passing this :p There is a feedback session tomorrow to check on what mistake had we made then I think I can do better in the coming re-sit. Wish me luck.
 
posted by Lay Ming at 6:04 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: