Sunday, November 18, 2007
The weather in Cardiff is turning bad this few days, winter coming, the day is getting shorter while the night is longer. We get dark around 4pm and sun rise at around 7am. The worst thing is the temperature is getting colder and colder. It has reaches the stage that you can't leave the house without gloves and scarf, or else you will freeze to death, and wearing only a layer of jean is definitely not enough to keep you warm.

Too bad my house is very old, so the temperature inside our house is nearly the same as the temperature outside the house, so it's freezing in the room too. I used to not to turn on the heater in my room for the past two years' winter (only turned on for a few times throughout the whole winter) but now I can't survive if there is no heater in my room, and i might also need electric heater later on.

Too stress until I baked three cakes in three days time. First two days was banana cakes, where the first one failed and the second one not bad. First cake i bake ever in my life and it failed, feel so sad, I made up my own method as my mom didn't write any instruction for me, she just wrote the ingredients and I thinks she thought I am an expert just like her, where I can figure out which ingredient to add first by myself, so turned out the cake was so watery (non-baked at all) Haha. Well that was the first time. You don't get thing done perfectly at your first tried, do you?

So I called my mom early in the morning to ask for help. S.O.S. She told me all the steps and then there comes my second banana cake, it still a lil' bit watery but this time it was due to the thickness of the cake, it was too thick so the heat couldn't reach the center part of the cake. But we still enjoy eating it. So we planned to try out our third chocolate cake, this time we were smart enough to separate it into two to reduce the thickness of the cake. The first one failed again (it didn't raise) then we add more baking powder and soda powder to the second set, shy to say it failed as well but at least it has the texture so it tasted a little like cake (the spongy spongy feel :p)

Will call my mom again tomorrow to ask her exactly what's going wrong then might try my forth cake again day after tomorrow.


It has been a month since my darling left me. Glad to say that I'm still alive, hehe. Thanks to all of my friends who take care of me all this while. You all are the best ..!!!
 
posted by Lay Ming at 6:21 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments: